logo
We wish to share knowledge about Jesus and the christian faith.
Startsiden> Easter food> Norwegian> Herb bread for Easter

Page info

Skrevet av Jesusnett Dato12-03-16 23:15 Treff492 Kommentar0

Innhold

Herb bread for Easter

As I had my own family, I tried to create my own Easter traditions. We normally eat brown bread, but for holidays some tasty white bread can be nice. Some times I mix a little oats in the bread. My first Easter food-tradition was herb-bread. It is a regular bread-recipe which you put fresh chopped herbs in.

It looks amazing when you slice it!  

500 ml milk(you can also use water, but milk makes the bread more tasty)

3 tablespoon butter or oil

½  package of yeast

½ teaspoon salt

2 teaspoon sugar

1000-1200 ml flour

(ce. trade with 200 ml oats)

This is a good basic recipe which I have from a 4H book my kids brought home 20 years ago. It is for two bread, but can also be used for 16 croissants, 20-24 rolls, or 30-40 smaller rolls, or 3 regular pizza Den er til 2 brød, men kan også brukes til 16, horn, 20-24 rundstykker, 30-40 kuvertbrød, 3 vanlige pizza bases. Incredible dough to work with!

Fresh herbs, pick your favoritts. Basil, thyme, oregano, chives or leaf parsley. Use a couple of bundles or as much as you like. 

Step by step:

·      Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl (also the dry-yeast)

·      Heat the milk to 37 degrees celsius 

·      Mix the milk into the flour and stir well until the dough becomes smooth.

·      Cover the bowl with plastic an leave it in room temperature for about 20-30 minutes. The dough shall rise till twice it's size and it becomes soft and spongy. 

·     Put the dough on the table. It is easy to work with the dough if you take oil on your hands. Knead the dough well and split it in two. Make sure they are the same size. You can use a scale if you like. Roll out the two pieces of dough as if you are making pizza - 1 cm thick. 

·      Put on the chopped herbs and anything else you prefer of spices.

·      Roll the bread and fold the ends. Place the bread in a well oiled bread tins. Remember to oil the edges.

·      Allow the bread to raise in a warm place for about 20-30 min. It is ready when it has raised to twice it's size.

·      Put on some coffee, water or milk with a brush. You don't have to, but then you will get a duller surface.

·      The bread goes in the bottom of the oven at 250 degrees for 20-30 min. The finished bread shall feel light and make a hollow sound when you knock on the crust. .

·      Take the bread carefully out of the tin, and let it cool off.

Kommentar liste

Ingen kommentar

Jesusnett is affiliated with Normisjon
The foundations of our belifes are the Bible and the Evangelical Lutheran creeds.
All texts can be copied freely if they are published uncut and if writers and our website are stated
Pictures and illustrations can only be used in agreement with Jesusnett
Inquiries should be directed to maryanette@skaaheim.com
Donations to our work in sreading the word of Jesus, are recieved with great gratitude

Gift account: 1503 73 41190
Jesusnett is a missons project for Normisjon.

You can find us in
The Project catalog for Normisjon
Jesusnett
Copyright © jesusnett.com. All rights reserved.