logo
We wish to share knowledge about Jesus and the christian faith.
Startsiden> Easter activities> Easter box> Easter box

Page info

Skrevet av Jesusnett Dato18-03-16 12:17 Treff303 Kommentar0

Innhold

This is a craft I learnt from an English friend of mine. I like do it every year with my three children because it is a way for us to remember what Jesus did for us at Easter time. My children look forward to making this box every year and I hope that you will also enjoy to make it with your children! Things you will need: 1. Go to a shoe shop and ask them for an empty shoe box, they no longer need. 2. Buy 7 plastic eggs that open in half. 3. You will need some straw to put in the bottom of the box. 4. Paper to cover the box. 5. Decorations to decorate the box. 6. Write or type out the seven verses in the Bible where Jesus says ‘I am..’ 7. A packet of small chocolate eggs. On Good Friday 1. Cover the box with paper. 2. Decorate the box. 3. Put straw in the bottom of the box. 4. Talk to the child about the 7 ‘I am’s’ that Jesus said, and what they mean. 5. Place each ‘I am’ inside each egg. 6. Place the eggs in the box and close the lid. 7. Explain to the child that this is like Jesus laying in the grave after He died. 8. Explain that now they cannot touch the box until Easter Sunday morning. Saturday Evening 1. When your child is asleep, open the box and take out all the eggs. 2. Take out of each egg the paper with the ‘I am’ on, and put some chocolate eggs inside. 3. Hide the plastic eggs around the house. Easter Sunday morning 1. Let the child discover that the box has been opened (just like Jesus rising from the dead and coming out of the grave) and that the eggs have disappeared. 2. Then tell the child to hunt around the house for the eggs!
Jesusnett is affiliated with Normisjon
The foundations of our belifes are the Bible and the Evangelical Lutheran creeds.
All texts can be copied freely if they are published uncut and if writers and our website are stated
Pictures and illustrations can only be used in agreement with Jesusnett
Inquiries should be directed to maryanette@skaaheim.com
Donations to our work in sreading the word of Jesus, are recieved with great gratitude

Gift account: 1503 73 41190
Jesusnett is a missons project for Normisjon.

You can find us in
The Project catalog for Normisjon
Jesusnett
Copyright © jesusnett.com. All rights reserved.