logo
We wish to share knowledge about Jesus and the christian faith.
Home page> Easter articles> Easter Sunday> Resurrection

Page info

Skrevet av Jesusnett Dato12-03-16 00:24 Treff186 Kommentar0

Innhold

The Resurrection

“I have seen the Lord”

It is amazing what death can do to people! Some artists, for example, become famous after their death. As if it is after their death people really look at their paintings or read what they have written, and discover that they were geniuses. Some artists almost live eternal lives through their art. But really, they are dead.

Forgotten

Most of us will not have our names written in school text books. The future generations will not know that I, specifically, have lived. Death has that effect. Life is lost, hope is lost, and future is lost.

Hope is lost?

When Jesus died, the disciples did not believe that His name would remain as a historical name. He died a tragic death. Yes, His death was a tragedy. A tragedy because they had put all their faith, and eventually, all their hope in Him, who really just looked like a normal human being – even though they had many examples of Him not being like everyone else. But when He died the way He did, they lost all hope, all future and all faith. The disciples shut themselves in. Locked the door. Hid! Only the women in the house went to the grave to “see their Lord”.

The witness

Mary Magdalena returned with this message: “I have seen the Lord!” Yes, that was the reason why she went to the grave in the first place, wasn’t it? Still, no human glows like Mary did, just because they have seen a dead person. She told them that He was not only alive but that she had talked to Him.

Above all names

Today Jesus is not only a famous name, but a powerful name. Not because His name has been written in many books after His death, but because He is living after being dead! If He did not rise from the dead, He would have been forgotten, just as everybody else. Mary got to see him first. Then the disciples saw Him. Then several others.

Go and tell

The whole world can now see Him as the resurrected One, the One death could not hold. As in the garden outside the grave, where Mary first saw the real risen Jesus, He told her to pass the message on… “I have seen the Lord!” You go ahead and pass the message on too! 

Translated by Eilin Lundanes

Author Helge Skaaheim.

Kommentar liste

Ingen kommentar

Jesusnett is affiliated with Normisjon
The foundations of our belifes are the Bible and the Evangelical Lutheran creeds.
All texts can be copied freely if they are published uncut and if writers and our website are stated
Pictures and illustrations can only be used in agreement with Jesusnett
Inquiries should be directed to maryanette@skaaheim.com
Donations to our work in sreading the word of Jesus, are recieved with great gratitude

Gift account: 1503 73 41190
Jesusnett is a missons project for Normisjon.

You can find us in
The Project catalog for Normisjon
Jesusnett
Copyright © jesusnett.com. All rights reserved.